Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day, one year later, and a lap full of dinner

Happy Father's Day!

Campbell and I are blessed to have a lot of great fathers in our lives. Each of these men are oh-so valuable to us!

Her exceptional beyond words daddy and the love of my life.

Campbell has three wonderful grandfathers who absolutely adore her. It is a blessing that these men are involved in her life on an everyday kind of basis. Russ & I couldn't hope for anything more for our girl.

My daddy & Campbell's Geda.
Russ's dad & Campbell's Paw-Paw.
Russ's stepdad & Grandpa Bob.
We love you guys!

A year ago, on Father's Day, Campbell was dedicated at church. That morning I took these pictures of her all dressed up and sitting on the chair in Russ and my bedroom.
Wasn't she a precious little thing?



This morning Campbell and I were sitting in the bedroom talking to Russ while he got ready for worship practice before church. I thought about those pictures, taken last Father's Day.

Trying to recreate those pictures with my squirmy, wormy one year-old was a little more difficult!





I put Campbell's dinner on a cute little plastic tray (think miniature cafeteria style tray) tonight thinking she was ready for that. She has actually done pretty well with bowls lately and not totally dumping them out. I stopped paying a whole lot of attention a few minutes into her eating dinner and looked up just in time to see her dump her whole tray of pasta, banana, and pork chop pieces over her head and into her lap.

She even dumps her food cute.

So normally she would have totally gotten in trouble for that, but I realized later that I was too intent on taking pictures. Oops.




2 comments:

Christina Reifschneider said...

Having grown up without a single grandparent in the country, Campbell is truly blessed to have so many here in town! I bet she has their numbers too!

Missy said...

OMG - the difference in last years pic and this year is out of control. She is such a cute, talking, funny, WALKING, fun little girl. And her parents are pretty cool, too.