Wednesday, July 14, 2010

2 years, 2 months

I realize that 26 months is not a huge milestone, but Campbell has been so funny lately and changing so much, I figured it was time for an update. And nothing beats bullet points.

*Last night she watched a short Elmo video through twice while she was eating dinner (before you judge me, it was short. And I'm pregnant. And Russ was gone). When the credits started rolling she asked to watch it again. I told her "No baby, you've already watched it twice". She held up 3 little fingers and said, "I watch it three times!". Although she has been counting some, it was the first time she had made a connection like that.


*Also last night, her and I were laying in her big-girl bed reading books before bedtime. One of the books she picked was the "Big Sister Book", which we've read quite a few times. She opened to the first two pages and said "Someone new at our house. You know who is? It's our baby! I'm a big sister now". I was pretty tickled that she had receited those pages to me and started laughing. After that she said it about twenty more times. The little comedian really appreciates laughter.


*To continue with my previous post, potty training did not continue with the same great success that it began. Day two and three were filled with more accidents. By the end of day three and going into day four, she and I were both a mess. She cried every time we asked her if she wanted to go on the potty, was totally unfazed by accidents, and asked to have her diaper on. Feeling like we had hit a wall, I picked up one of my parenting books. The direct quote was "if your child goes on the potty every thirty minutes when you take her, but never indicates to you that she needs to go, she is not potty-trained. You are." Dang. So apparently Russ and I have this potty business down. We prayed and decided to back off for a bit and try again in a while. We put her back in a diaper. Within twenty minutes, Russ pointed out that her mood had totally changed and she was her normal happy self. Since then, several people told me they had real success when their child was closer to two and a half or three.


*Campbell has an "Away in the Manger" book. Usually we read it once and then sing through it once. The other night I started singing and she started crying after a minute and told me "No more singing!". Apparently my voice is about as bad as I thought.


*Speaking of said book, yesterday she started singing "Away in a Manger, no crib for a bed. The little Lord Jesus lay down his sweeeet head." She has the cutest, most shrill singing voice.


0 comments: