Sunday, May 23, 2010

Boy or Girl???

Tomorrow is THE day. If you've ever been pregnant, you know that the "big ultrasound" day is monumental. Perhaps only second to the actual birthing day. (That is, unless you are like one of good friends who recently waited the whoooole nine months to be surprised at birth. I do not have that willpower.)


We aren't finding out at the ultrasound. Instead, we are having a fun reveal party with our families and a few close friends tomorrow night. I actually had the idea, shared it with Russ, then changed my mind and decided I just wanted to find out at the ultrasound, only to have Russ fall in love with the idea. Dang me. I do appreciate his motives though. He is excited for this baby to have something special that is all his or her own, as no doubt he or she will be on the receiving end of many hand-me-downs!

So tomorrow, after 10:00 am, one of us will be carrying around an envelope that holds the highly anticipated secret. Please don't call and tempt me to open it, as I am positive I will be experiencing my own torment of willpower tomorrow.

My next-door neighbor and precious friend, Missy, brought me these jars this afternoon. How cute are they??





So what will it be?

Boy?


Or Girl?


5 comments:

Missy said...

I STILL don't know what to wear. Maybe tomorrow at 10:00 a strong feeling will come over me. :) Glad you liked the jars. The pics turned out cute!

Erin said...

so fun! i love that you're having a reveal party - that's fun! i definitely don't think i'll have the willpower to wait with #2 like i did with everett - funny how that changes! will be excited to hear :)

Lindsay Wagner said...

i can't WAIT for you to post!!!! :) and i admire your will power....i would love to be able to wait all day, but i really don't know if i'll be able to!!!

Penny said...

Can't wait to read about it on your blog! Don't forget to "reveal" to those of us who watch and celebrate your life online!

The Bucks said...

We were the crazy ones that waited the whole 9 months. I want to find out next time the same way you are BUT....I want to give the envelope to a bakery and they make a cake with blue or pink on the inside so when we find out is when we cut the cake at the party with friends and family. People love that idea but Joey keeps saying we wait the whole 9 months again!