Friday, May 9, 2008

We're having a baby...maybe

I had my 38 week appointment with the doctor yesterday. After last week's appointment (so disheartening I didn't even blog about it - basically she said "I will definitely see you back here next week"), I had prepared myself for another uneventful appointment.

On one hand, I was right. I have not progressed at ALL and Campbell has not dropped at all. They did not do an ultrasound, but from the feel of things the doctor said she is certain Campbell has gotten even bigger and is feeling like she will probably be too big for me to deliver vaginally.

Now for the good news! I am 39 weeks next Wednesday and we have an appointment for another ultrasound on Tuesday. Then it is decision time. The doctor is recommending scheduling a C-Section for Wednesday, due to Campbell being such a big girl. She is concerned that I will go through the process of trying to deliver only to end up with a C-Section, which she said is the worst-case scenario recovery-wise.

We feel good and confident about her wisdom, but of course want to rely only on the wisdom of our Father. We will decide for sure on Tuesday at the appointment, but right now we are thinking C-Section next Wednesday, May 14th. We of course appreciate your prayers as we make the best decision for our little girl.

Only 5 more days until we have a baby!

5 comments:

Missy said...

SOOOOOO exciting! I kept looking for your car last night to come find out what the doctor said. Can't wait for Campbell to be here. We will definitely be praying for wisdom for the doctors and you guys. Maybe we can hang out tonight or tomorrow! :)

The Pereira Family said...

snicker, snicker...you said vaginally. o.k. just kidding...in all seriousness, we love all 3 of you and i've been praying for you and thinking about you often. hang in there. she will be here before you know it! love you!

Stephanie & Scott said...

I'm really glad you have a day to look forward to....campbell is already a strong and independent woman --- love it! we'll be praying for you in these next coming days and of course, on Wednesday!

The Reeves bunch said...

YEA!!! I am so excited for you guys! You will be holding your baby girl this week. How crazy!! Our girls will be one year apart. I hope that everything goes wonderfully for you.

Beth said...

Yeah! You know, c-section babies have a special place in my heart! I will praying for you three and know that everything will be great and the Father ALWAYS has a plan! Can't wait to see pictures of that new baby girl!