Thursday, April 24, 2008

Big Girl!

We had an ultrasound done today, in order to check Campbell's size. This also begins my weekly appointments. I was REALLY hoping that the doc would say I was dialated to like a 3...no such luck.

I was dialated to a 1 (better than nothing, right?) and 50% effaced. Campbell is still head down. The big news was how big our little girl is already. The ultrasound measurements estimated her current weight to be 7 lbs 11 ounces. I realize this is not exact, but she did say her ultrasound tech is generally plus or minus 5 ounces. Keep in mind that technically I still have four weeks to go!

The doctor said we would just take it week by week. She also said that they tend to gain 3/4 - 1 lb per week at this point. Nothing like a big, healthy baby, right?

Here's a few pics. They are not all that clear.
Profile shot...sticking her lips out.
Her sweet face. At the top you can see a chubby check and an eye. She has her hand up in front of her mouth.
Bottom of her foot and toes.

We'll see what happens in another week!

3 comments:

Missy said...

It's getting closer!!! So excited. Let us know if you need anything!

The Pereira Family said...

O.k. I'm no dr. but if she's over 7 pounds now, and she's got a few weeks to go....thinking to self.......won't she be like a 10 pounder????!!!! (as if she were a fish) Whoa! May the Lord bless you. ;)

Missy said...

You are MIA! I came over Saturday to borrow some toe nail polish. You were shopping with your mom or something boring like that. ha ha

We are plan free all weekend. Let's hang out!