Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Every litle thing she does is magic hilarious

Confession: I really kind of wanted Bennett to be a girl.  I had my heart set on a pair of sisters with a special bond.  Not that Campbell couldn't be close with a brother, I guess I just didn't imagine it going that way.

I am, however, starting to get the sweetest glimpse of a very special relationship between my two kids.  He thinks she is literally the most interesting, hilarious thing he's ever laid his huge blue eyes on.  And all she has to do is look in his direction and he laughs. 

And although sometimes she is too preoccupied with her own stuff to stop and pay much attention to him, sometimes she is so sweet with him I can't hardly stand it.  She has lots of nicknames for him "Bennie the Bull, Bennis, Bennie Jack".  She can be so sweetly concerned about him.  She loves to cheer "Go Bennie Go" when he's walking in the walker, jumping in the jumper, or making attempts to crawl.  And she will ham it up big time to get him to laugh or smile.

Case-in-point, last weekend she was messing around with her big, purple ball.  He was laughing so much more than he ever has that I had to video him.  Russ and I NEVER get laughs out of him like this.  I think at one point in the video she even hits him with it and he laughs.

I am so in love with my little man.  I'm so glad the Lord knew what our family needed better than I did.  And so grateful He is answering my prayers for the sweetest of relationships between the two little people I love the most.

0 comments: