Bennie the Bull, today you are 7 months old.
Let the updating begin.
*You were Mr. Milestone this past weekend. On Saturday (May 7th), you achieved sitting up and crawling in one day. You don't mess around. Every day you perfect your crawling skills a little more. I love seeing you on the move, however in your brief amount of mobility, you have shown yourself to be more destructive than your sister has in her three years of life. Life will surely only get more interesting from here.
*Clearly I missed posting a 6 month recap. We can blame that on a family-wide flu infestation. Here's the highlights: we weaned from breastfeeding at 5.5 months because of mommy's migraines. Once we weaned, you adapted fine to the bottle and stopped hating it. At your 6 month appointment you weighed 20 lbs, 12 ounces and were 28 inches long. At that appointment, Dr. B said you were eating too many ounces of formula a day and to cut out the dreamfeed at night and add another solid meal in the morning. You FINALLY started doing really well with your sleep, sleeping 7:00 pm to 6:00 or 6:30 am. Just this past week you started waking up between 5:00 and 5:30 am again, acting starving. Now we are feeding you lunch too. I'm not sure what we are doing to do next. You are basically maxed out on food. So far you like everything. Squash would probably be your least favorite. I've made all your baby food so far and need to make another round of stuff soon to introduce you too.
*You are wearing mostly 18 month clothing. It seems like you are constantly in need of clothes, but I hate to buy too much, because you have gone through clothes so fast because of your size. I like buying baby boy clothes so much more than I thought I would. You look adorable dressed like a little man.
*We had your baby dedication at church on May 1st. Surely someday I'll get around to posting specifically about this.
*You are a MANIAC in your walker. You spend all your awake time either crawling/rolling/sitting on the floor or in the walker. You go all over the house. Sometimes I can't find you because you've gone in the other room. You are already at the point that if it's too quiet, I come looking for you. The other day you had wheeled your walker up to an outlet in the hall and were trying to pull the carbon monoxide detector out of the wall. You also love to steal the kitchen towels off the handle of the oven and then take off in the walker with them. You are a darling, mischievousness boy.
*You still think your sister is the most hilarious thing you've ever seen. I was trying to take a picture of you yesterday and you only had smiles for her. I don't blame you, she is pretty hilarious.
*You are starting to show some signs of separation anxiety and of being a Mama's boy. Your dad was getting you ready for bed the other night. Every time I walked out of the room, you would fuss, then when I came back in, you would laugh.
*As every day passes, I cannot believe how much I love you more and more. You and your sister light up my days sweet boy.


0 comments:
Post a Comment