Friday, May 22, 2009

I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend

Has it really been 5 years?









The Proposal!!




May 22, 2004



Moving from Nacogdoches to Houston (May 2007)

Third Wedding Anniversary (May 22, 2007)

KK's Masters Graduation

We're Pregnant!


Happy 5th Anniversary to the man of my dreams. Being your wife is always an adventure, Russ King.

What a journey we have taken to get here! I keep thinking about what someone said at our small group a few weeks ago, "if you can make it five years, you can make it sixty". While that might not be true for everyone, it certainly is for us!

I don't know if I can express to you how proud I am of you, of the man you have become. I knew I married a good guy, but I am in awe of the man you have become and the characteristics I have seen emerge in you. Your dedication to providing for Campbell and I, your discipline to be a wonderful, encouraging teacher, your desire and work to lead our home spiritually, the way you fulfill your commitments to the church, and of course your furocious intent to make sure our grass stays as green and beautiful as possible, to name just a few!


I am also so proud of us. We got married as kids. Young, clueless, selfish, so unsure how marriage should look. I feel like we are thirty years and three thousand miles from those two. It blesses me that we laugh more than we fight now, that after years of working against each other to achieve our own purposes, we have finally figured out what it means to be united. Thank you Lord for such grace and mercy and for those that have helped us figure this out along the way.

I love you Russell King. Thanks for making me one blessed wife!

3 comments:

Missy said...

Ya'll are so cute!!!

Happy Anniversary!!!

Anonymous said...

I can't begin to express how awesome it is to be married to you my sweet wife. I am a better man everyday for just being in your presence. I count myself a truly blessed man and try with all of my strength to not let any day with you be taken for granted. Happy 5th anniversary my incredible, smoking hot wife!!!!

Love,
Russell

Linsey Schafer said...

Happy Anniversay!! We love you both and sweet Miss Rose. Have fun :)