I'm not one to get very anxious about the weather. As Ike approached, I was most excited about us both having work canceled on Friday, but not so worried about getting batteries, water, etc. By Friday mid-morning, my Dad had informed me that we probably needed to make some preparations. At that point, I started to feel pretty anxious about Campbell (would she be okay during the storm, would she get too hot with no power after, etc). We spent Friday making a trip to Randall's, securing our patio furniture, and hanging out with family and neighbors. We moved Campbell into her pack-n-play in our room for the night, and she slept through the entire hurricane. I alternated between sleeping and being up and Russ (the man of the house) stayed up basically the whole time.
Our house fared well. Part of our fence is leaning, but other than that we have no damage. As of today (Tuesday), we still don't have power. Praise the Lord my parents got power back on Saturday afternoon, so we have temporarily moved over here.
I am so thankful that we had no major house issues, that we have a place to stay with power, and most of all, that it was not at all traumatic for Campbell. She has spent the past four days being totally oblivious, which is exactly how it should be.
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Ahh...Ike
Posted by Kristin at 11:34 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Hi Kristin,
Glad to hear you all are well, and that your house is ok too.
Yes, Colin filed a claim under our homeowners' insurance for the lost groceries. There was no deductible, though. I hope this helps. If you think you lost more than $250 worth of groceries, you may be able to get more money. We got $250 because that is what Colin estimated our loss at.
Good luck! Take care!
Erica
I guess I should say hello since I stop in every once in a while! I think I found your blog from Nikki's or Erin's. Glad that you guys did OK through Ike. Campbell is beautiful!
Post a Comment