Monday, July 21, 2008

What a week!

This past week was filled with a lot of "firsts", milestones, and general craziness for our little family.

Sunday we made it back from our first road trip to Waco. Mid-trip, Russ and I made the decision to move Campbell from the bassinet in our room into her own room. This was a great move for all. She sleeps much better, as do we, now that she is in the quiet of her own room.
We decided we had to purchase a video monitor to feel comfortable with her in another room. Best purchase we ever made. Russ even hooks it up to the TV sometimes.

Monday Campbell reached two months old. Time sure flies. We took her for her two month appt/immunizations. Immunizations did not make her a happy baby. The rest of the day was basically like this....
We already knew she was a big girl, but we were astonished that she weighs 13 pounds and is 25 inches long. She is basically the size of 4 month old.

Tuesday I went back to work. God has graciously paved the way for me to work part-time (3 days per week). Since Russ is still on summer vacation, he is home with her for now. There are no pictures of these three days, because it is basically a blur for both of us. I have a new respect for working mothers...those three days wiped me out!

It was nice to get back to somewhat of a normal schedule again, but by Thursday night I was so ready to be home with my sweet girl again. Friday we worked on getting ready for a baby shower we were having at our house on Sunday (and I fought a cold). Saturday we went to Aunt Amy and Uncle Drew's house to work on a special project for our new cousin, Preston, who will be arriving in September. Sunday we hosted a baby shower for the Bartlings, a sweet couple in our small group. They are expecting Baby Girl #2 in September. Campbell was a great hostess.

Needless to say, Sunday night we crashed! We did manage to take some pictures of family time though.

2 comments:

The Blowey Bunch said...

she is so sweet! I know the feeling, I am really fighting stress and dread for this up coming school year of teaching for me, I will be gone all day every day and it's making me sick to think of it! I know those days fly so fast.. I can't believe you have a video feed, I might need to find out more about that! :)
*Keri*

The Pereira Family said...

I hope going back to work wasn't too bad. I'm sure I'll be talking to you about that soon. Love you all!