Monday, June 16, 2008

Baby Dedication and Father's Day

This past Sunday was not only Father's Day, but also Baby Dedication at our church. We became a part of the wonderful community that is The Waters Church this past January. After a long search for a church home in Houston, God led us to the most amazing community of believers. Never have we experienced the outpouring of love, support, encouragement, and sharpening from a church family. We feel so honored to be called there and to be raising our daughter with such an amazing church family.

Baby Dedication works differently at this church than any other I have ever experienced. Each child is honored individually and our pastor talked about each child's individual qualities, the church dedicated to support each child and family, and our pastor prayed individually for each child.

Our church also has a neat tradition using the Hebrew prayer shawls. When a baby is born, one of the ministers comes to the hospital, wraps the baby in that minister's prayer shawl, and prayers over that child. That minister commits to praying weekly for the baby until he or she is saved and baptized. At the baby dedication, each baby was given a prayer shawl of their own, with the name of the church, the date, his or her name, and Scripture on it.

Sunday was also Russell's first Father's Day. Here we are getting ready for church.

Words cannot describe my emotions as I watch Russ with Campbell. His gentleness and patience, his obvious overwhelming love for her, and his excitement to learn about her and take care of her have caused me to fall even more in love with him than I thought possible. There is no one else I would rather be on this journey with and Campbell and I are so blessed to have such an incredible father/husband!

3 comments:

The Reeves bunch said...

Kristin, she is beautiful. I am so glad that you are able to be a part of at the Waters. I have heard nothing, but good things about it. I know that it is also awesome to be able to be around Clint Paschall again. He brought the Bible to life for me.

The Pereira Family said...

She's so precious. I'm so glad we got to hang out with y'all this past week. You're both great parents! Thanks for all the advice. We love you both!

Jeremy and Jeanae said...

Hi girl!

Cute, cute pics of Campbell. She is just gorgeous! Can't wait to get back and get our hands on her :-) As for your question... we find out July 7th!!! Well hopefully, of course the baby has to cooperate.. so we will post a blog of the news then :-) J&I are super excited to find out. Take care!