Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Why I want to blog again.

This past July, I was unnerved to discover that some disturbed individual had not only been looking at the blog, but had the audacity to post a comment about my precious baby girl. I experienced a range of emotions - from anger that someone had violated us like that to remorse - I should have been more aware, especially in light of what I do for a living. Russ and I decided instantly that we would make the blog private to avoid this sort of threat.

To be honest, the timing was good for me too. Becoming increasingly more huge and pregnant and raising a toddler, blogging just was not much of a priority. Going private seemed like a natural way to slip into not blogging at all. And in the last several months, as we have adjusted to having two kids, I have sort of been grateful that I did not have to think about it, or feel guilty for not blogging.

I've never been one to share my most intimate feelings on the blog, but I do admit there are times I want to say something or express something. And clearly Russ and my precious girlfriends are not ALWAYS available to listen to me when I feel like talking :). Recently, in light of several tragedies in the lives of close friends, I have missed writing as a form of processing some things in my own life.

The most significant reason I even have the desire to blog is because of how much I enjoy reading through the chronicle of Campbell's first year or so of life. I am NOT good at writing in the baby books, so much of her first year is outlined here and nowhere else. I want that for Bennett too.

While I do fear the unknown, I know now that I have to be very cautious of what I post and imagine my audience as not just my friends and family, but whoever out there may have stumbled upon us.

So here we go!

1 comments:

Missy said...

Yeah!!! Welcome back! I look forward to hearing all the fun things we don't have time to get into in all of our conversations. :)