Thursday, April 16, 2009

Easter, King Style.

I figure I have a week to blog about Easter before it becomes old news (not that the Resurrection of our Lord Jesus will EVER become old news - Jesus forgive me for implying that!).

We started our Easter celebrating on Saturday with Russ's dad and stepmom, Ed and Connie (or Grandma and Pawpaw). I've been wanting to scope out Mercer Arboretum for potential photo gigs, so we had a picnic and walked around and took pictures of who other than Miss Rose herself.












On the way home Russ and I got lost. We don't get lost that much, as I have a stellar sense of direction. Recently someone asked my husband if he had a GPS and he said, "no, I have a wife". I appreciate that, honey. Anyways, we left Mercer and he started driving as if we knew where we were going. I was all turned around, but fairly quickly started to figure things out..."if we are coming from this way, then we want to go south on Hardy Tollroad". I was about to figure it out when all the sudden Russ said, "Let's not do this right now".

As if we really had a choice.

Sunday morning we worshiped. And it was AMAZING. If you will recall from this post, our church has recently moved into its first permanent location. This past Sunday was not only Easter, but our Premier Service (a "grand opening" of sorts). I was working in the nursery, but snuck out for a few minutes to take a few pictures.







Campbell's GiGi (Russ's mom, Susan) made her Easter dress. She is about the most talented, creative person I have ever met. I was so, SO excited to dress Campbell in it on Easter morning.




After church Russ & I gave Campbell her Easter basket. I LOVED picking out what she would get in her first Easter basket.



And I am thrilled to introduce the newest member of our family...Carissa Jo. Campbell and C.J. have become inseparable since Easter.




Sunday afternoon we had lunch at my parent's house with my family and Russ's mom and stepdad. Campbell got more Easter goodies and we had a great time.






We had a wonderful first Easter with our darling girl!


4 comments:

Penny said...

These are soooo great! I love being able to follow your sweet family online! She looks so much like a little girl and not a baby anymore. Sad and proud all at the same time!

Christina Reifschneider said...

What a beautiful Easter dress! How blessed you are to have such a talented grandma in the family!

Miss you guys!

The Blowey Bunch said...

hey little doll is SO cute!

Missy said...

I LOVE CJ and how they match in their Easter outfits. :)